If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic administrator to join our team in Solihull. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive administrative service to the team to ensure an effective and efficient service. This is a part-time role working Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.
You will be required to provide a high-quality service to all internal and external stakeholders, including meeting and greeting, being the first point of contact for telephone calls
This is your chance to join a high achieving team the National Fostering Agency Midlands, we are part of the National Fostering Agency Group, along with 14 other aquired fostering agencies.
About the Group
The NFA Group is one of the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. With Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide special needs education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
Who we are looking for
You will have experience of working within an office environment and supporting a busy team. The successful candidate will need a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Excel to create reports. It is important that you are able to work efficiently within a fast-paced environment. You should have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop your own personal skills and capability though on-going training as agreed with your line manager.
- Taking & writing up minutes at monthly fostering panels
- Deal quickly and efficiently with telephone calls and emails, transferring them through to the relevant person or department and advising managers of any important issues or of any matter concerning child protection
- Provides a confidential and effective point of contact for the agency.
- Supports the team and managers with any additional tasks such as minuting, projects and research.
- Meeting & greeting visitors to the office
- Maintaining & ensuring key information such as statuary checks are in place and in date
- Experience within an administrative role
- Strong IT skills
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Willingness to learn and happy to undertake professional training where necessary
- Team player
- Organised with the ability to manage numerous tasks & deadlines
- An awareness of how key social media platforms work and operate within a business setting (desirable)
- Private health care
- Dental Cover
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer