How to transfer to National Fostering Group
It’s quite straightforward to transfer from your current fostering agency or local authority provider. From the outset, we’re on hand to make this transition as smooth as possible for you.
Overview of the transfer process
Transferring is quite simple, though the process might vary slightly, depending on which foster agency or local authority you are with now.
- Talk this over with your local National Fostering Group agency. Supporting you starts here – these are fostering professionals who can share their experience with you and give you all the information and support you need.
- Once you’ve made the decision to transfer, notify your current agency or local authority placement provider that you intend to transfer to National Fostering Group.
- Provide your form F from your current fostering provider. We can help you chase this up if necessary. This moves you into the assessment stage.
- You will meet your assessing social worker, who will be with you throughout your assessment process. Together, you will update your Form F and you will undergo the usual necessary checks, like a health check.
- You will attend our three-day Skills To Foster training.
- Your application will go to a Fostering Panel for approval and be ready for your first placement with us.
Another factor that influences the process is whether or not you have foster children currently placed with you – if you do, please read more about the process of transferring with a foster child.
Talk to us about transferring
If you’re thinking about transferring from another foster agency, we recommend getting in touch to talk it over with complete confidentiality. We have teams in every region, so you will be able to chat to a fostering professional who is local to you. They will be able to share their experience and give you all the information you need to make a decision.