Fostering Solutions Otterbourne Retains ‘Outstanding’ Rating in Ofsted Inspection
We’re delighted to announce that our regional branch of Fostering Solutions South, based in Otterbourne, Hampshire, has retained its ‘Outstanding’ rating in a recent Ofsted inspection. Inspectors heralded the positive impact our foster care service continues to have on the lives of children and young people in the local community, rating us ‘Outstanding’ in all areas of the inspection framework
Since our registration in 2011, the team of foster care specialists at Fostering Solutions South have gone above and beyond in their work to maintain standards and safeguard some of the most vulnerable young people in the community. This has led to ‘Outstanding’ ratings in 2013, 2016 and now again in 2019.
We’re immensely proud of our most recent ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted, and believe it confirms our continued commitment to transforming the lives of the young people entrusted to us.
Find out more about our Ofsted success and the work carried out by our dedicated team below.
Why Ofsted Think We’re ‘Outstanding’
We’re really proud of our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating, and for our ability to maintain these high standards year after year. Inspectors ranked us highly across all of the different framework areas, and highlighted the following as some of the reasons why Fostering Solutions South is excelling in its work to safeguard and care for children in the local community:
- Due to the care and support offered by the staff/managers at Fostering Solutions, as well as the work of individual foster carers themselves, children are able to make exceptional progress in all areas of their lives.
- The children and young people Ofsted spoke to during their inspection said they felt central to the service given to them by our foster care service, and that they feel they have a clear voice when it comes to managing different aspects of their lives and plans for the future.
- Children and young people placed into our care continue to perform extremely well in relation to education and training, receiving consistent support from the team and their foster carers.
- Our foster carers feel valued, listened to and supported by our managers and specialists. Many of them have stayed with us for several years, and feel they have been given lots of opportunities to develop their own skills.
- The team at Fostering Solutions South feel highly valued and supported by their managers and co-workers, and take a lot of pride in their role in helping to support vulnerable young people in the community.
- Through interactions with our foster care service, children and young people said they felt an increase in confidence and a sense of belonging. They also said that they felt safe and protected by their foster carers and the wider fostering community.
A Word from the Fostering Solutions South Team
We’re very happy with all the comments and feedback offered by Ofsted as part of their official inspection of our service, and take a great sense of pride from the knowledge that our work is directly helping to transform young lives. Below, Miquette Novella, registered manager for Fostering Solutions South in Otterbourne, comments on what the inspection result means to the wider team:
“My team, my carers and especially the children and young people in our care are delighted to be, once again, recognised as an outstanding agency in fostering. It very much reflects our culture and the team ethic we have of focussing on each child as an individual and ensuring their individual needs are always met.”
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank all of our team members and foster carers for their continued hard work in safeguarding and transforming the lives of young people in our community. If you’re at all interested in becoming a foster carer, why not drop our ‘outstanding’ team a line today!